The management of the HeCaToS project is organized as a separate Workpackage (WP14) which will bring together all organisational, administrative and communication activities necessary to ensure a smooth progress and completion of the project. The objectives of the Management structure and procedures will be to combine efficiency in planning and monitoring the project´s activities, flexibility in enabling effective intervention to avert problems and delays, partner accountability and transparency of decision making. The organizational structure of the consortium shall comprise the following consortium bodies:
- The General Assembly will be the ultimate decision-making body of the consortium.
- The Executive Board will act as the supervisory body for the execution of the Project which shall report to and be accountable to the General Assembly. The Executive Board is responsible for the Annual Reporting to the European Commission.
- The Coordinator will represent the legal entity acting as the intermediary between consortium partners and the EC. The Coordinator shall, in addition to its responsibilities as a consortium partner, perform the tasks assigned to him as described in the EC-Grant Agreement and the Consortium Agreement.
- The Management Support Team will assist the Executive Board and the Coordinator.
- Sub-projects covering multiple Workpackages will be put in place.
- Workpackages will act as management groups. To improve management by harmonizing between particular Workpackages.
- The Advisory Committee will advise the Executive Board and the General Assembly on scientific matters, and on socio-economic implementation of the outcome of this project.